Another List-Based Post
In any event.
Summer Teaching-Related Events
1) Work for the Oakland City Teaching Corps, training teachers possessed of various experience outside of low-income, under-taught, high needs schools to take on the mission and ethical imperative of working in the schools where their experience and skill set is most needed.
2) Trytrytry to drudge through the mind-erasingly boring coursework necessary to clear my damn credential. Part of the tech class, all of the health class, and the CPR certification that includes (important! important!) child life-saving as well.
3) I think I've been accepted into a Masters Program for Educational Leadership, along with the other teachers on my team. No formal paperwork has been received, of course, but I have received numerous cryptic emails referencing course registration and book lists. There is a clear course of action in all this somewhere.
4) Write a long-term plan for student acquisition of word-processing skills.
5) If the funding and various manipulations pan out, our school will schedule a Summer Academy of indeterminate length and I think I'd like to be a part of that in some capacity.
All additional time will be spent eating at Boogaloo's, writing things, and reading books in my oh so spacious backyard while drinking up that lovely San Francisco summer sun and consuming manycoldbeers. ***
***Look what I do with my time off! I'm overpaid! I'm suckling the public teat dry! Dock my pay! Take my summer's away!