Sunday, May 21, 2006

Web-Based Repeat

This is what the WestEd folks want us to do. A web-based repeat.

Our presentation has apparently been met with a measure of success. Instead of heading to a central location, we're doing a real-time powerpoint via teleconferencing where participants can type questions and so forth. It feels like a cross between some horrible corporate bi-costal planning session where the executive and those ESPN live chats where SoxRulz04 wants to know why it took them so long to give Papelbom the closer's job.

So I'm gonna pontificate into a speaker-phone and click slides on a powerpoint and if the high-school-me or the college-me could see the now-me, they'd probably want to kick my ass.

Update:
It's called a "webinar" apparently.

It'll look like this. That guy in the corner? Not me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. N said...

WestEd? Why are you working with them? Is this QTel or something else?

9:56 PM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

They asked our school to make a presentation on the way we've been using data to instruct structural reform. We presented at their "On The Right Track Symposium" and this is a follow-up.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

What's QTel?

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mrs. N said...

QTel is a program that WestEd is using. They piloted it in a few school systems, mostly in southern CA and NYC. Now, they've pointed at East Side UHSD as the next SD to get the benefits of their program. QTel

9:32 PM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

Does it work?

For what it's worth, I like WestEd. They seem like the real deal and I was impressed by the curricular mapping they did with ELD standards.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance of folks in Ohio seeing your presentation/powerpoint slides?

Sounds like your school has good results from resonable, reproducible interventions.

I tried getting in touch through your aol.com email; is that working?

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

Eric,

I don't have an aol email. You can reach me at teachingmyassoff [at] hotmail [dot] com.

I think people in Ohio (and everywhere?) can sign up to participate in the Webinar where I'll be re-presenting. I'm sure WestEd has more information on that.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home