Sunday, October 16, 2005

Nothing To Do With Teaching, But...

...going to the rolling hills of Potrero Park to watch The Banannas, Defiance OH, and This Bike Is A Pipebomb play a generator show while isolated groups of Nortenos, drunks, and children's birthday party-goers looked in something like a shocked horror was probably the highlight of October.

Sample Defiance, OH lyrics:

I Don't Want Solidarity If It Means Holding Hands With You
let's stop this talk of privilage because the songs that we sing are as much a product of our privilage as the clothes on my back and the phone call i made to my mom last night. let's stop this talk of action because action comes easy it's the moments just before that are hard, when i've got to get my voice and my fist on the same page as my heart. let's stop this talk of them because the things we find deplorable in politicians, ceos and cops are the same things that will tear ourselves apart. and let's stop this talk of words because words like dishonesty selfishness and greed aren't as distance to us as we'd like to believe.

so please, the next time you're smashing the state, don't go breaking my heart. because i know that when we pick up the pieces, the only thing left will be the same empty rubble that's made up every revolution that i've ever known to make me believe and lose faith in humanity in the same empty breath of hot air.

http://defianceohio.terrorware.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Johanna said...

I forgive you for missing the meeting. How the hell did you find me?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

posthipchick... you blog during prep period, too? (How the hell did she find me, the guy sitting behind her at that pump up the jam opening meeting)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Johanna said...

What the hell is the pump up the jam opening meeting? Are we referring to the wonderful song from my high school days? Get your booty on the floor tonight, make my day :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

pump up the jam meeting: at a church, with an incoherent MC babbling about how our District (35% proficient) can compete with best schools in the nation, board members unleashing Che-style rhetoric, and a certain union president holding sway over a raffle as if deeply intoxicated. Bells?

8:59 PM  
Blogger Johanna said...

Right . . . I was reading my book during all this while sitting next to posthipchick. I must have been really checked out. Church has that effect on me.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home