Friday, September 09, 2005

Realization

Okay, so besides assuming the responsibility to uh, teach good, I'm also doing this

1) Athletic Director
2) 7th grade girls basketball coach
3) 7th grade boys basketball coach
4) Leadership Team
5) Leadership Team sub-committee in charge of collaborative planning sessions
6) Forming a newspaper club that contains actual attempts at journalism
7) Some form of Saturday intervention, involving language arts and/or math
8) Union rep

I also commute 110 miles a day. I think I may be an idiot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not an idiot. You're like the rest of us that actually want the best that we can offer, and if it ends up being 90% of our lives, so be it. That doesn't mean that we can't bitch about it, but at least we're doing it for the right reasons. I am:
1)6-8th grade volleyball coach
2)middle school union rep
3)data rep
4)attempting to reinvigorate creativity into one class through drama (by creativity, I mean not recreating a movie)
4a)attempting to simultaneously teach all 4 levels of High Point in my 2nd period
5)rep for SB65 (dropout prevention)
6)unofficial counselor for former and present students (including the 15-year-old that just had a baby)
7)book club after school?
8)honor society advisor
9) I don't even know any more
The point is, we do it because we love it. And as a result, maybe some of them have a chance.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home