Sunday, October 15, 2006

No Comment

I'm grading the FlatBook essays, which needless to say, should have been done manymany days ago, and I come across this line:

I wish I could go back to being younger, because as I get older
its like someone made a big chart ful of rules for me.

And because I'm tired, and because I've been grading almost non-stop since 11:00, I write in the margin "No shit, right?" and go on to grade two more of those things before the realization kind of sinks in. Then I have to put on the hoodie and walk up the street, past all the people drinking and dancing, past the sounds of the final innings of the Mets game to [corporate pharmacy] for white-out, because while the breakdown is almost certainly coming, it is not here yet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should assign an educational movie for the kids and take one sick day. Then press on until Thanksgiving. Anyway, best of luck. The kids are so lucky to have you.

8:11 PM  
Blogger NameChanged said...

White out be damned. No shit is right.

6:28 PM  
Blogger ms. v. said...

should have just left it. then you'd know if the kid reads the comments. and you'd probably earn a bunch of respect.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home