Monday, August 21, 2006

So I Hauled Out The "Summer To Do List..."

... and discovered this item:

17) (Re)locate old Scooby Doo episodes

Because they are so formulaic, Scooby is a perfect tool with which to scaffold the teaching of plot analysis. Exposition: The gang's in the Mystery Mobile and the fog's rolling in and the Mystery Mobile breaks down. And so on, all the way through to everyone's favorite denouement: "And I would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling kids."

The problem is, I can't find these anywhere.

Does anyone out there know where I can purchase Scooby episodes on DVD?

Or, does anyone with bored teenagers and access to the Cartoon Network feel like doing some recording?

5 Comments:

Blogger posthipchick said...

Have you tried youtube?

1:21 PM  
Blogger KDeRosa said...

First and second seasons right here.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

I couldn't figure out how to make youtube work at school...

Thanks Ken, I'm pulling out the credit card now. Y'think I can claim this as an "unreimbursed classroom expense?"

5:42 PM  
Blogger KDeRosa said...

All I know is that the last time I watched Scooby Doo with the kids, I noticed it didn't hold up so well. Of course, the cartoon in question was from the scrappy doo era which may explain some of the decline in quality.

8:01 PM  
Blogger KC said...

froogle seems to find lots of folks selling Scoobie Doo DVDs, including Tower Records.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home