Sunday, March 26, 2006

Week's Best... Compound-Complex Sentences

5) "Whenever I go to the mall, my dog wants to buy something, but I always say no."

4) "Whenever my brother comes to my house, he punches me slowly in the stomach and he smacks me quickly in the head."

3) "Although we are not there yet, we will work hard so our school can go to the top 1o [in the city]."

2) "If you break up with J. Lo, my mom will beat you up and she will get someone to beat you up even harder later."

1) "If I have to look at your ugly face one second longer, I will go crazy and no one will be able to control me."

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Jane Whiteford said...

The dog one is my favourite.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

No seriously, my early-intermediate ELL kids can write compound-complex sentences. I taught them how to do that. Do you know how hard that was? Where's the love?

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i get some tips on how to teach complex sentences? i have to do a micro teaching presentation at Uni. Any guidance will be appreciated!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, this is to cater for esl/ell learners

7:58 PM  
Anonymous braven said...

the ugly face is my best one they were all funni though they help me on my language project

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMFAO! Ugly face....

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home