Sunday, February 26, 2006

Beautiful

You gotta watch this:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/23/earlyshow/main1339324.shtml
It's possible I cried. And maybe not the kind that can be written off as contact irritation either. Maybe I made weird little hitching sounds in my throat.

I love this kid. I love his coach and teammates maybe more. I love the way they stood with linked arms every time the kid shot, the way they went nuts every time that ball went in.

This is why we need to fund after-school, extra-curricular activitites of every stripe. Because what happens if this story did not take place in Rochester, NY but in Richmond, CA, where kids don't get sports. What then?

2 Comments:

Blogger posthipchick said...

I think I need a bulldozer to scrape my crying ass from the ground. That was amazing.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Stahltkd said...

No matter how many times I watch this, it seems my contacts always get something in them.

-Just a preprofessional deaf education student wandering the edublogs... or otherwise known as stahltkd

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home