Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Out Sick

I'm pretty sure I have TB. Or whooping cough. Some Oregon Trail disease.

TMAO has snakebite.

I exist on a buffet of vitamins, mucinx, emergen-C, Halls fruit breezers, Nyquil, Dayquil, no dairy, and enough over-the-counter pseudoephedrine that I'm pretty sure los federales are gonna come crashing through my door any minute now, and oh, what disappointment at discovering a disease-ridden middle school teacher and no meth lab.

I was on-loan to the Mountain View-Whisman school district on Monday to do some PD for them (in addition to Being the Molotov Cocktail, I dropped Wielding the Grammar Hammer: Harness the 3rd-Rail of Literacy) and had to call a time-out in the middle of one session to go cough up a lung for ten minutes. What'd you do during PD? Oh, I watched some crazy guy from east San Jose cough; it was rad.

You shot 562 pounds of meat, but were only able to carry 100 pounds back to the wagon.

So I'm out sick. I had to ask the admin assistant for help with the sub finder, because they changed the system sometime in the last 36 months, and I don't have any correct log-ins or passwords anymore. The kids are taking NWEA assessments and doing a whole lot of A.R., there's gonna be a volleyball fiasco, and I just slept for 16 hours, which equals the combined total for the last six days. To my drug and vitamin cocktail I added Bushmills, which really made all the difference, I'm telling you.

Your party is too sick to continue down the trail. Rest 3 days.

4 Comments:

Blogger nbosch said...

I am laughing my head off--not, of course, beacause you are sick---husband and 2 grown sons have it so I feel for you. I do notice my husband never has the common cold, he always has the flu and is sicker than anyone else!

Anyway---I digress--I'm laughing at your Oregon Trail references. I remember that game (on floppy disk) was one of the first "games" my students played on computer. They hurried immediately to the buffalo hunt. Now they have Age of Mythology, Axis and Allies, Risk, Civ, Sim City----times have changes, but I still see them rushing to blow something up or annihilate someone.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better, TMAO. Chicken soup, garlic, and rest.

Take care.

Middle School Mom

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1- I hope you feel much better soon.

2- I hope you spend less time sick that I've spent distracted today reading your blog! You are a great writer, valuable educational insight, and you make me think of my original enthusiasm for changing the world one classroom at a time. Thanks!

Now get back on the trail.

4:44 AM  
Blogger KauaiMark said...

You got the 5 week coughing crud.

I'm on week #4.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home