Tuesday, November 29, 2005

After Driving An Hour In The Rain...

... I arrived at school by 6:45, bound by the necessity of entering flatbook (essay notebook) grades so I could pass them back, so we could analyze them, so I could read good ones, so we could fill that extra 20 minutes in 1st and 3rd periods. It's 7:15 now, and I've just scrolled up and down at this T-shirt dispensing Web site, trying to keep from spening $75 dollars on the greatest T-shirts ever. Some samples from www.bustedtees.com


I mean, seriously, how can I not buy these shirts and wear them everyday? More importantly, how am I gonna make it through the day without looking at a kid and justing shouting "South Korea's got Seoul!" in my best James Brown? Yesterday, toward the end of 6th period, I started in on Dave Chappelle's "Samuel Jackson beer" sketch. "It's my beer! It'll get you drunk! Haven't you seen my movies? This is how I talk!" Blank stares all around and then I quickly told them to put their folders away.

This is what happens when I am in need of Christmas Break.

Or more time spent with psuedo-adults in their mid-twenties.

Or, you know, therapy.

(Miguelitos just walked in and immediately started cleaning the floor and straightening desks, without any kind of prompting or pre-arrangement. He has no idea what I'm writing about.)

The question of whether I'd want to be a student in my own class becomes more salient with each passing day.

South Korea's got Seoul!

3 Comments:

Blogger posthipchick said...

Have you seen www.threadless.com?
Cool shirts, but not as funny.

6:53 PM  
Blogger ms. v. said...

You're funny.

I like the South Korea one best, too. Although "hungry hungry" made me giggle. Especially because I didn't get it at first.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Johanna said...

I think I am going to need "You have died of dysentery" for Christmas. I was always a fan of Oregon Trail . . .

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home